|Top AMCs in India 2020 |
|AMC Name||AUM SIze (in Rs. Cr.)||No. Of Schemes|
|SBI Mutual Fund||422122.96||137|
|HDFC Mutual Fund||376379.10||97|
|ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund||368697.71||170|
|Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund||239028.96||149|
|Nippon India Mutual Fund||201301.77||154|
|Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund||192311.30||77|
|Axis Mutual Fund||156493.56||51|
|UTI Mutual Funds||155190.10||149|
|IDFC Mutual Funds||114519.06||55|
|DSP Mutual Fund||82286.00||63|
1. SBI Mutual Funds- SBI Mutual funds were established in 1987, with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The fund company has over 1000 employees and has served over 5 million investors, with a strong network of over 200 branches across India. SBI Funds Management Private Limited (SBIFMPL), a joint venture between State Bank of India and Amundi of France, is now the appointed AMC of SBI mutual funds.
2. HDFC Mutual Funds- HDFC Mutual Funds is one of India’s biggest Asset Management Companies, which was established in 1999. The company is now publicly listed and close to 26% of the company is owned by the public. The company offers a wide range of investment and savings products across several asset classes and has a strong base of over 9 million live accounts. The company has over 220 branches across the country and has an employee base of over 1100 people.
3. ICICI Prudential Mutual Funds- ICICI Prudential Mutual Funds was established in 1993 and is easily one of the biggest AMCs in the country, The company is a joint venture between ICICI Bank in India and Prudential Plc and has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company has an investor base of over 1.9 million, with a strong network of over 120 branches and an employee base of over 1000 employees.
4. Birla Sun Life Mutual Funds- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and Sun Life Financial Inc. of Canada. The company was established in 1994 and has an AUM size of over Rs. 2200 Billion. The company offers a wide range of investment and savings products across several asset classes and has a strong base of over 7 million customers.
5. Nippon India Mutual Funds-Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (NAM India) is one of the largest AMCs in India, with an AUM size of over Rs. 2 Lakh Crores. The company has its presence in over 300 cities across India and has served close to 9 million customers.
6. Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund- Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company (KMAMC) was established in 1998 and has served over 7 Million customers in various schemes, from savings to investment schemes.
7. Axis Mutual Funds- Axis Asset Management Company was established in 2009 and has over 6 million live investor accounts. The company has its presence in over 100 cities and offers more than 50 types of different savings as well as investment schemes.
8. UTI Mutual Funds- UTI Asset Management is India’s oldest and largest mutual fund management company, which registered with SEBI in 2003. It is an initiative of the Government of India and the Reserve Bank of India. The company has a strong base of over 11 million portfolios.
9. IDFC Mutual Funds- IDFC Asset Management Company was founded in the year 2000. It has Assets of over Rs. 1 trillion under management and has over 1 million live folios. The company has its network of branches in over 46 cities and 280 towns in India.
10. DSP Mutual Funds- DSP Mutual Funds was founded in 1996 and is a joint venture between DSP Group and BlackRock.