1. First-Time Adult Passport (above the age of 16)-
Applicants above the age of 16 years only should follow this application procedure-
Applicants aged 16 and 17 must get their passport application signed by a parent, in addition to their own signature, in the presence of a consular officer. In case the parent may not be able to appear with the child, the parent would be required to submit an original “Form DS 3053 - Statement of Consent”. The parent is also required to submit a government-approved ID card to prove the parenthood of the child.
The next step would be to schedule an appointment online. Don’t forget to get a printed copy of your application on the day of your appointment.
Post this, the applicants would be required to fill out the DS-11 passport application online
and pay all the necessary fees
. The next step is the provision of one passport-sized photograph (2x2inch/ 5cm x 5cm) taken within the last 6 months.
After this, applicants need to submit an original copy of any one of the following documents-
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (i case expired)
- U.S. birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
The US Passport would arrive within 2 weeks and any information would be intimated via email.
2. Adult Passport Renewals (above the age of 16)-
The passport can be renewed either online or in-person. In order to renew the passport, the first step would be to fill out the DS-82 passport application online
The fees in-line with the passport renewals can be found here
After this, a recent passport-sized photograph (2x2inch/ 5cm x 5cm) must be submitted along with the required documents-
- The applicant’s most recent U.S. passport.
- Properly completed and printed passport application form.
- Social Security number
Post this, the passport will be delivered to the address mentioned above in the application within 2 weeks.
3. Lost/Stolen Passport-
Citizens who have lost their passport need to do the following-
- File a police report with the Indian authorities as soon as possible.
- Make an appointment online (no appointment is necessary if the citizen is traveling the following week)
- Complete passport application online and Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen passport
- Print application
Documents required for passport replacement-
- Police report
- Proof of your identity and U.S. citizenship
- One recent passport-sized photograph (5 cm x 5 cm color photograph taken against a white background).
- Completed DS-64 application.
Fees required to be paid can be found here. Once this is done, the passport will be printed and sent over in 7-10 days.
4. Minor Applicants (below the age of 16)-
The first step would be to schedule an appointment online. Post this, the next step would be to complete the DS-11 passport application online
Post this, the recent passport-sized photograph (2x2inch/ 5cm x 5cm) needs to be submitted along with the following documents-
- Child’s U.S. birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Foreign birth certificate
- Adoption decree
- Court order
- Original Government-issued photo I.D. of both parents
- Age progression photographs (series of family photographs from various ages since the child’s last passport was issued)
Post this, all the relevant fees needs to be paid following which the passport would be sent over within two weeks. All updates regarding the status of the passport would be sent over via email.